‘Old-school’ journal writing just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore, so after much deliberation- I’ve returned to try and entertain you as I shamelessly document the antics of my life on the internet once again.
It’s been a few months shy of 2 years since I left the blogging world and jeez, life has flown by. Like, crazy-scary time-warp-speed flown by. Let’s take some time to get re-acquainted again, shall we? I think some general life updates are in order before I endlessly spew my emotions out a few times a week on here…you know, just so you have a point of reference.
I’m assuming/hoping there will be some new readers to this blog and if that’s you- HI! Feel free to browse my past entries, they include lots of embarrassing and (I think) funny stories about all of the misadventures after my divorce. A couple of my favorites are this one and also this one.
Big Picture Items
- Still live in Dallas, although now with a significant other and a fur-child (more on that in a minute)
- About to turn freaking THIRTY in May- and no, I’m not looking forward to it and I’m slightly terrified
- Lots of changes are happening currently, figured it’s as good a time as any to write about all of it, right?
- Still with the ginger from Tinder! (He may also be referred to within this blog as Matt/Matthew/boo thang/beard man/etc.) If you’re new around here and interested, you can read more about how our relationship started and the dating roller coaster in my previous entries, but we are just as happy as ever and recently added a dog to our little family! Welcome to your fur-ever home, Nessa!
- I’ve been working in a major hospital system for the past two years on the administrative side in the Plastic Surgery department, but as of TODAY (woo!) I am now a Practice Administrator for a cognitive behavior therapy practice here just about a mile from our place. I’ll probably post more about this scary leap in the coming weeks as I start my new adventure on Monday. (Wish me luck!)
- Well, I’m not gonna deny it. I’ve let life take priority and in turn let my attempt at a ‘healthy food and plenty of exercise’ lifestyle fall to the wayside. I’ve definitely gained some weight back. Call it being happy, call it laziness…whatever- the point is, I’m not happy about it. I think part of me hopes that this blog will be a bit of an accountability partner, but mainly I just need to get off my ass and get moving again.
- Anxiety is something I struggle with still on a daily basis. It’s not as unmanageable as it used to be, but I’m sure I’ll vent from time to time as it rears it’s ugly head. I’m looking forward to working in a mental health career field that I’m passionate about and growing to become a representative in the community. Mental health issues are real. It’s not something that’s attention-seeking, nor something that should be used to shame the people suffering from them. I’ve watched it affect so many loved ones in my life, and I’m determined to play a role in the destigmatization of the issue.
Well then, I think I’ve fully reintegrated all of you into where my life is currently. While others are counting down until their wedding, the birth of their child, or their next vacation…let’s begin my countdown to none of those celebratory reasons. Instead, I’ll be turning 30 in: